September is smoothie month! Well… according to us it is. Vega is doing a Best Smoothie contest this month. Since Kara is a proud Vega Ambassador we figured we’d post our own Vega made smoothie.
The key to making this smoothie is the homemade almond milk. The flavor in the milk is amazing and the texture is nice and thick. Try this post workout, or swap out the Vega Sport protein for the Vega…
There are few things in life better then pancakes… So make these and your life will be better.*
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2/3 C. flour
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 T. ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 C. almond milk with 2 T. white vinegar (mixed and set aside)
- 1 T. Lemon juice
- 2 T. Coconut oil
- Vegan chocolate chips
Stir the dry…
We love burgers of all kinds. The panko crumbs on this one add a tremendous dimension. We’re certain you’ll love this.
For the patties:
Inspired by Foodfiasco.com)
Yield: 30 sandwich cookies
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of molasses
- 1/4 cup melted butter or Earth Balance (melted then measured)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon egg replacer plus ¼ cup water or 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2…
It should be noted – shaping this wonderful quinoa dinner into the shape of a pizza slice is purely optional.
With that said… This is a real fun dish. If you’ve had quinoa before you know it takes on the whatever flavors you add to it. So why not make it a pizza flavor! Theres a lot of short cuts you can use for this dish should you cheese. Instead of using tomato sauce and pizza seasonings, you…
It’s rare we take a recipe in it’s entirety from another website. This batch of Thin Mint Freezer Fudge caused us to make an exception. After exchanging emails with Brandi of The Vegan 8 she’s allowed us to post this recipe on our page. Please make sure you check out The Vegan 8 when you’re finished here. The website is spectacular.
Heather made these brownies and took the photos. She also ate…
- 1/2 a can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 can refried black beans (I used Amy’s organic)
- 1 small-medium summer squash, diced
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 4 cups fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1 large fresh tomato, diced
- Hard Corn tortillas
- Soft Flour tortillas
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of cumin
- Dash of chili powder
- 1 Tsp coconut oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Perhaps the Perfect Pancake
#vegan #veganideas #veganbreakfast #veganrecipes #weightloss #recipes
Smokey Black Bean Enchiladas #Vegan #veganrecipes #healthy #healthyeating #recipes #veganideas #vegandinner #lawsonwellness
(Click here for recipe Pumpkin Quinoa Chili)
Grilled Eggplant Steaks
shared via WordPress.com
(Click here for recipe Chickpea, Cauliflower and Potatoes Bake)
These are a great substitute for french fries and go perfect with any of our sandwich or wrap recipes. Especially the BBQ Cranberry Chickpea Wrap!
- 1/3 c lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2-3 fresh organic zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 425*. Slice zucchini into 1/4 slices.
Mix all ingredients (except zucchini) in a bowl.
Put zucchini slices into bowl and mix until coated.
Place zucchini chips in preheated oven. Cook for 20 mins total, flipping after 10 mins.
My family was! Not to mention, I have been dying to try this recipe! Finally got around to it and it hit the spot! We had our wraps with a side of delicious Zucchini Chips, it would also go great with our Cheesy Kale Chips.
This recipe was adapted from Family Kitchen:
BBQ Cranberry Chickpea Wrap
makes two wraps, vegan
2 whole wheat wraps, extra large/thin
1 can chickpeas, drained
3/4 cup your favorite BBQ sauce (I used a spicy/sweet sauce)
1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
4 Tbsp vegan mayo (optional)
3 Tbsp whole berry cranberry sauce
Green leaf lettuce
1. Add the chickpeas and BBQ sauce to pan. Mix and simmer on medium heat for about 10 mins. Set aside to cool.
2. Prep your veggies & ingredients to be wrapped: lettuce, onion and tomato.
3. Warm your wraps using a separate pan over low heat.
4. Assemble your wraps:
5. Roll. Slice. Serve!
Don’t let the long list of ingredients scare you…this recipe (adapted from hub page: vegan tofu) is easy and filled with southern charm!
- 1 package firm tofu pressed
- safflower oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cups nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp each: garlic granules and onion salt
- 1/4 tsp each: paprika, dried basil leaves, dried oregano, curry powder
- 1/8 tsp each: dry mustard and chipotle pepper OR chili powder
You will need 3 separate shallow bowls (pie plates work great too).
1st bowl: Flour
2nd bowl: Almond milk and Lemon juice
3rd bowl: combine all spices & yeast
Preheat oil in a skillet on stove.
Cut pressed tofu in desired shapes. (I cut mine lengthwise into 3 rectangles.)
Going in order, coat tofu in the 1st bowl (flour), then the second bowl (liquid), and lastly in the 3rd bowl (spices).
Place tofu in preheated skillet. Cook for 3-4 min on each side, flipping only once.
Allow tofu to cool slightly on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Enjoy!